We are a global medical device company and leader in new product development and medical education in orthopaedics. With a corporate mission of helping surgeons treat their patients better, Arthrex has pioneered the field of arthroscopy and developed more than 11.000 innovative products and surgical procedures to advance minimally invasive orthopaedics worldwide. Arthrex continues to experience unprecedented growth and demand for our products throughout the world; however, we remain a privately-held company with a family business culture that is committed to delivering uncompromising quality to the healthcare professionals who use our products, and ultimately, the millions of patients whose lives we impact. We are a growing dedicated team of over 5000 direct and indirect employees worldwide.
Arthrex Belgium is one of the 16 subsidiaries in Europe and currently employs approximately 30 employees.
We are a healthy, fast growing company based in Kontich. It is a very familiar and collegial working environment.
As accountant you will report directly to the Finance Manager.
Your main tasks will cover the following:
- Daily accounting activities such as posting incoming invoices, preparing vendor payments, posting incoming payments from clients, posting general ledger entries, recording fixed assets, cash collection, …
- Permanent financial control of our logistic transactions in our warehouse in the Netherlands and general ledger postings of these intercompany transactions
- Assisting in monthly, quarterly and year-end closing activities
- Drafting the balance sheet and profit and loss statement on quarterly and yearly basis
- Reviewing the monthly expense notes of our sales force team and verification of the applicable Belgian healthcare compliance guidelines
- Assisting in preparation of the yearly audit
- Preparing the monthly VAT statements and coordination with our VAT tax advisors
- Assisting in the yearly budget process
- Primary contacts with banks, insurance company, vehicle leasing company, tax consultants, public authorities, …
Ideally you have experience within the following areas:
- Ideally 1-3 years of experience as Accountant but we do not exclude recent graduates
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics Navision. Experience in SAP FI/CO is a plus
- Experience with reporting tools and very good MS Office (XLS) skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Able to work independently
- Extensive analytical and organizational skills
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French
- Stress resistant personality able to work with tight deadlines
Arthrex will provide an in-depth onboarding to provide you with the required knowledge. Our above average growth and continued expansion provides exciting opportunities for you to progress your further career.